Monday, November 23, 2009

..consider it great joy...

So, it's been a while. I look at this blog pretty often, and think about how much I need to update it, and just haven't. So much has been going on since I last updated. I am inching towards the end of Student teaching...for good! I cannot believe that it is finally here. I graduate in less than a month!!! Wow. December 18, 2009 I will graduate from College! Now, I will begin in January working on my Masters is special education, but that will still be a new chapter. THIS chapter is almost over. :) I am really excited about the things that God is doing in my life.

So...since September, I finished up my Kindergarten student teaching placement and moved on to 6th grade. Although I really miss my sweet babies in Kindergarten, I am love love loving 6th grade. Those kids are great!

My sweet kiddos at church sang "All in All" in church the other day, and they could not have done a more fantastic job! I was so proud of them and my heart was so happy.



October was full of trips to the Pumpkin Patch and of course, Halloween! I stayed at home and several of my sweet babies came and trick or treated. :)I was also presented with a wonderful opportunity to chaperone a youth retreat with one of my really good friend's church. Bryan called and asked if I would be interested...it took a lot of convincing, but now I am so so so glad that I agreed to go. We had a wonderful time!! The kids that traveled with us could not have been more well behaved and fun to be around! On top of that, I was able to lead a small group with a new friend, Trent. Our small group was amazing!! The group consisted of about 20 6th-8th graders. The theme for the weekend was "Do no harm, Do good, and Stay in Love with God". I think these kids ended up teaching me more than I taught them!!
To wrap this blog up....I'm going to leave you with something that I wouldn't normally post about...but...there is no hiding that I jumped on the Twilight craze wagon...I read the books two summers ago and was immediatley hooked. I am guilty of encouraging others to join in and those people are also hooked...so...yesterday, Jennifer and I were finally able to see the much awaited New Moon movie. Let me give it 3 thumbs up!! It was WONDERFUL. I felt like it fit the book very well (as well as any book gone movie situation can go). If you haven't caught the Twilight bug yet, let me please encourage you to read the books FIRST and then go and enjoy the movies. And for anyone who is curious...I am for sure Team Edward, but Movie Jacob was hard to compete with!! :) :)

So, the holiday season is here and I could not be more ecstatic. Thanksgiving/Christmas makes my heart SO beyond happy. I am the biggest Christmas freak that you will EVER meet. For Thanksgiving, we travel to South Carolina to visit my Mom's extended family and it is one of my most favorite times of the year!!


Up for the next post...
Pictures of decorating the nursery at church for Christmas!! :)

Much Love,
Miss Christy

No comments: