Monday, August 3, 2009

It's August?! When Did That Happen?!

I cannot believe that August is actually here. The summer has gone by so fast! Maybe because, in some ways, I feel like I have wished it away. First, I checked the mail every single day hoping for that letter telling me my student teaching placements, I wished away June while I was taking a class (until I ended up in the hospital), I wished away July for our recent family beach trip, and now I'm wondering where the whole summer went?? Insanity!

Let me back up, we had an amazing Mini-VBS. It was a blast and I actually think this was my favorite year, thus far. I love that we geared this year towards our small group of kids, and did everything we could. My favorite day was the "Worship Day". We did a mock Worship Service with the kids, complete with their own bulletins and everything. We talked about why we do each part of our worship service and practiced. :) It was SO much fun! Then we made Worship Bracelets. I wear mine often!! :) The whole of Mini-VBS was three days and we did Follow, Worship, Service. For more pictures, check out my facebook...but here's a glimpse.




Another thing going on in the life of Miss Christy, is that Shoals Woman Magazine will have a story about me in it at the end of the month. :) I am SO excited to read this! I haven't seen it, but can't wait. So...the guy came to do a "photo-shoot" now, he didn't take many, and didn't give us many options, BUT, it gave us all the opportunity to take our own. I cannot WAIT to get some of these printed and framed in the nursery at church. SO cute!! If you notice the top of my blog...the ones outside with me and all the kids are a couple from that day. :)

Next in line, MUCH needed family vacation!!! :) We had a WONDERFUL time in Navarre, FL. I wish we were still there. I love my family. God has blessed me far beyond what I deserve.

Also, as I have posted many times, I'm not a fan of growing up. But everybody seems to continue to be doing so. :) LinZ will be getting married THIS month!! We had her Bridal Shower, and this upcoming weekend will be the rest of her festivities before the wedding. Then, in October, it is Lori's turn!! :) This is from LinZ's shower.


And now, I post something that makes me smile. This is NOT my best performance, but at the beginning of the summer I vowed that I would learn the Hoedown Throwdown, and I did!! This was done on the beach, with no music, and a sister who kept forgetting the next part...but NONETHELESS...I love it. :)




Announcement!!
Movie Night - Pajama Party at Cornerstone Church

Friday, August 7th, 7:00-9:30pm.

Wear your pj's and come watch a movie with us at the church! We will have popcorn and play a game or two! :) Have one last blast before school starts back!

No comments: