Tuesday, April 8, 2008

my heart overflows

My heart is absolutely overflowing with love right now. Love for my Savior. Love for my God..who is always fully in control. Love for the precious babies in my life...and extreme love for their families.

Today was a rollercoaster. Today was the big surgery day for Clay...and as soon as I woke up, I sat on the side of my bed, begging God to take care of him. Since I had to teach for my math class, I couldn't skip class to be at the hospital all day. As I was going to teach and while I was teaching, I had an overwhelming feeling that I needed to get to Huntsville...if nothing..just to be there. To show that baby...and his mama my love. =) I went by work, very nervous about asking for the day off, and they were amazingly understanding. Mrs. Chaffin took a second to remind me not to be too anxious, because God was always in control. I got to Huntsville, and without stopping to potty =), I got to Clay's room as fast as I possibly could. If it hadn't been for all of the wires and tubes and things I could break, I would have picked that baby up out of his bed right there!! Throughout the day, I begged God to take care of it.

This evening, Emily (April's sister) and I brough Riley (Clay's little brother) home so that he could sleep in his own bed. It had been decided that Clay would need to stay overnight. Oh me of little faith....I nearly fell in the floor when we received the call that the tests looked amazing..and Clay was coming home!!!!

God is so good. We truly witnessed the power of prayer today. And I am so blessed to have such amazing people in my life. Love is such an amazing thing...and I am so glad that God gives it to us. I seriously could just cry....feeling the love that surrounds 'my family'.

My family consists of my blood family and a few very very special families that God has placed in my life. I would not be who I am today without them. I am so blessed to be allowed to be a part of these lives.

Thank you, God for the many blessings...for the hugs, for the smiles, for the kisses, and for the love that these sweet people show to me, and thank you I can give it back. =)


until next time,

love, Miss Christy

No comments: