Sunday, April 13, 2008

...they teach me...

"While we try to teach our children all about life,Our children teach us what life is all about."~Angela Schwindt

Again, it is Sunday and of course, my heart is just overflowing with love for those kids.

First I want to hit on 2 little girls that take up half of my heart. Anna Katherine and Haleigh Grace...my babies. These two girls, one of which being my God-Daughter, the older would have been, had I known her when she was born. They are absolutely amazing. Anna Katherine and I have built this bond over the past 3 years that I never thought possible. Haliegh and I...over the past 9 months. It is simply amazing. I am slowly learning though...that as much as a I want to 'give them back' sometimes at the end of the day, I still lay down missing them. I still want them back in my arms....and I still have the constant fear that one day, because they aren't mine, I won't have them in my life. It simply terrifies me. ahhhh....love. I hate seeing them hurt. Anna Katherine has been through SO much in her 5 years on this earth...and it physically makes me hurt when she hurts. As she gets older, I watch the lady she is turning into...and as scary as it is....she is so amazing. And Haleigh....I am just simply dumbfounded at how babies grow. How I saw her the day she was born...and now she is crawling in the floor. She knows who I am....she is SO big!! God is so smart! Geez! =)

Now...my other half of my heart...the half that belongs to my babies at church. Today being Sunday, I got to spend the morning with most of them. ( 2 are out of town...and of course..I missed them being there.) Isn't it funny how even though you may want to hang them by their toes at some point, at the end of the day..you just want them in your arms. Ellie....she always seems happy to see me. Picture when you walk in a room...and someone is happy to see you...geniunely happy. I get to have this feeling on a weekly basis (usually haha) and it couldn't make me happier! Seeing Clay today, almost made me cry. God performed a miracle in that little boy's life...and I couldn't be more thankful.

I get so excited when God allows the kids to ask questions, that let's me know at some point in time...they heard me talking. We have gone backwards in our studies, from Easter. So, today we did our introductory lesson for Moses and the Ten Commandments. Now...it wasn't very profound, but I could have hugged him for it. Clay politely raised his hand and asked, "Was this before or after that man...oh what was his name...he betrayed Jesus." "I (and Noah of course) answered Judas" Riley pipes in to say the name again for us, and Clay says, "Yeah, Judas, is this story before or after he betrayed Jesus?" So then I explained that this story is before Jesus came to earth as a baby....but in my mind a million thoughts were running. I was so excited that first Clay remembered the lllooonnnggg discussion on the word betrayed that we had...and that there was a man that betrayed Jesus. It stuck with him. Sometimes, as most teachers do, you feel that the kids are NOT listening....EVER. haha Of course, they are. And acutally, statistics show that children are actually usually listening when they appear to not be...when they are doing something else. Which can be oh so frustrating. =)

I love those kids. I love how they teach me, ALL of the time. While talking to a new mommy in our church today, and discussing how her baby, Lillie, has begun to trust us, has begun to go to the nursery without a fuss. I began thinking back on the past few years and how much my babies have grown, how much they've changed....and how big they are getting. It is so bittersweet.

God is good to me!!

Love,
Miss Christy

No comments: